Frequently Asked Questions
Our goal is to bring people in our community together through the shared reading and discussion of a common book. Our choices inspire rich discussion and community activities and encourage younger readers to participate through companion books and related activities.
What is Two Towns-One Book?
How can families participate in TTOB?
Our Kid’s Read, Too! Committee chooses related junior companion books and provides events and activities that invite younger community members to join all the fun.
Adults and teens can participate in any and all of the TTOB activities.
Where can I nominate or vote for a book?
Residents may nominate their favorite books, from February through May, by filling out ballots available at TTOB/Friends of the Library events, the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library, and online here.
How is THE BOOK chosen?
From February through May, everyone may nominate favorite books to be considered for the community-wide read. If you know more than one book that would be perfect for our community read, you may nominate more than one book. Nominations are winnowed down to 5 books, and community residents vote for one of the final 5 to choose THE BOOK. Various events and discussions take place around the theme of the chosen book to compliment the shared reading experience. See Archives for past books and events.
What are we looking for in a book?
How can book clubs participate in TTOB?
Book clubs are an important component of Two Towns-One Book: Clifton Park and Halfmoon Read! Once registered, book clubs will be notified of upcoming events and activities surrounding the chosen book. There will be special events and/or activities planned for registered book clubs. To register your book club, download, complete and return the Two Towns-One Book Book Club Registration Form.
Are other organizations involved?
Our current community partners include:
- Clifton Park – Halfmoon Library
- Friends of the Library
- Town of Clifton Park
- Town of Halfmoon
- Shenendehowa Central Schools
- Halfmoon Senior Citizen Association
- Clifton Park Senior Community Center
- Captain Youth and Family Services
- Southern Saratoga YMCA
Stewart’s Corporation is our Community Business Partner, supporting TTOB through a competitive grant. TTOB has been awarded this grant for the past ten years. Donations of cash or in-kind services from community organizations, businesses and residents are welcome.
How can I be part of or support TTOB?
If you, your business, or any community organization wishes to provide financial or in-kind support for our TTOB Community Read, please contact Linda Conklin, TTOB Chairperson at TwoTowns.OneBook@gmail.com. We’ll thank you and promote your business by linking your business or organization to our Two Towns-One Book webpage.
We invite volunteers to work on sub-committees and events. Sub-committees include: Book Selection, Book Readers, and Kids Read, Too! To volunteer, contact Linda Conklin
• Get the BOOK! Check out a copy of the selected book or purchase your own copy at your local bookstore. The title will be available at the Clifton Park-Halfmoon Library in hardback, paperback, and audio format.
• Read! Join your family, friends, co-workers, and neighbors in reading the same book – together!
• Register your Book Club. To register, contact Linda Conklin by email. (firstname.lastname@example.org) We are happy to include book clubs from the surrounding area.
• Attend our related programs. See our Events Calendar.
• Check out our web pages weekly and watch for the official schedule of events every January!
• Sign up to receive e-mail updates about TTOB related programs and events.
• Attend a Community Book Discussion. Official Discussion Questions for your own book group will also be available on the website.
• Contact Us. Or contact Linda Conklin, Chairwoman of TTOB, at TwoTowns.OneBook@gmail.com.
Nominate a Book
Please encourage your neighbors, your book club members, and all your reading friends to nominate a book.